Saturday, April 7, 2007

Re: I REALLY like Greece

So, my life in Greece is way better than my life in the states. I may never come back again. Just a quick re-cap of today, because it has been even better than normal.

Woke up around 9am and went to Pireaus to sail back to Aegina for a traditioanl Greek Easter with my adopted Greek Grandparents.

Made it to Aegina, and went to a cafe for a snack while waiting for the bus to Agia Marina. I got the MOST amazing chocolate crepe I have ever had in my entire life, and as I am enjoying this amzing crepe (with chocolate ALL over my face, as always), the waiter strikes up a conversation with me. We discuss my plans for my trip, and it all ends up with him asking me out for coffee tonight! I accept and head to Agia Marina.

We check into our hotel, which is even more beautiful than I remember it, but this time, we are given a room with our own private terrace overlooking the ocean. So, I have a hour to kill before getting back on the bus to meet my date, so I changed into my bathing suit and laid (lied? i never understood that part of English grammar) out on my terrace until I had to get dressed to go. So, the bus drops me off in Aegina early for my date, so I decided to wander around until its time for my date (which, by the way is still 10 minutes away). So as I am wandering, I run into the guy Stavros and I met on our last trip here who rents scooters. We had talked with him for a while about Aegina last time we were here, and he remembered me. So, we strike up another conversation, and yes, I get asked out on ANOTHER date for tonight. So I have one coffee date for 6pm tonight and one for 10pm, and then church at midnight followed by a feast.

Yeah, Greece is AWESOME. And to quote Tupac -- "'nuff said."

No comments: