Friday, April 27, 2007

2 posts in one day, oh my!

Ok, so I feel like my dinner tonight requires a post of all its own, and so it is going to get one...

Tonight, we went to Roula's. At least, we call this restaurant Roula's, its really Tavernaki a Costas. We randomly found it while wandering in search of food one night, and have been going back religiously ever since. The food there is the best in Greece. If I was an English Major or a poet of any kind, I would I would write an ode to this restaurant's arni me potates (lamb with potatoes in a tomato sauce) and I don't even like Lamb. But, not only is the food amazing, the place itself is adorable. It is in a converted two-story home, with a small front garden. It is a significantly older style home than the 60's era buildings that surround it. It has orange shutters on the windows and a big double wooden door. All of the tables are in the front rooms of the house, and they are decorated with tons of random Greek chachkies and paintings. The walls are painted yellow, and it is a very welcoming interior. The food is also amazingly cheap. A dinner for three with an appetizer and wine is around 25 euros.

So tonight we went there for dinner after class one more time before we all go our separate directions for the 4 day weekend. So, we were sitting at our table, having our AMAZING dinner (I had fried zucchini with tzasiki -mmmmmm!) when suddenly the lights went out! There was a brown out in our neighborhood of a good ten minutes. We remained contently in our seats munching away on our amazing meals in the pitch black, until all of a sudden they flashed back on. We ended up with a dessert on the house (which was also AMAZING!) and then off back to my room for bed time!

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

it's like the lights went out and when they came back on, the food disappeared! (cuz it was so tasty, y'all gobbled it up!)

I like your posts and writing style, Kara! You should write an ode to the arni me potates!