Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The All Knowing Comparison of Pumpkin Seeds:

So, if you know me, you know I am OBSESSED with pumpkin seeds. Well, really I am some what like a bird because I really like seeds/nuts in general, but pumpkin seeds are by far my favorite. I have decided that a review of the different kinds of pumpkin seeds is an excellent idea. So here it is:

1) Karr's Pumpkin Seeds. So, I have never seen these outside of Bart Mart but they are the best pumpkin seeds I have ever tried. They are HUUUUGGEEE, slightly excessively salty and you never get a bad seed. They are cheap too! I only wish I knew where to buy them now that I am out of Hyde Park.

2) Walgreen's Select Pumpkin Seeds. So, pumpkin seeds are a shitty obsession because you have to work so hard to get them, or maybe that is what makes them an obsession? Anyway -- of course only some Walgreen's carry these pumpkin seeds but they come in a VERY close second. Really, my only issue with them is the fact that bag is like 1/3 the size of the Karr's bag. However, they are more moderately salty than Karr's so that is a major advantage for them. Basically, its almost a tie, but because I am American -- I go for quantity.

3) David's Pumpkin Seeds. So, Davids are definitely the best sunflower seeds out there, but their pumpkin seeds leave a lot to be desired. They are very small, have almost no salt the bag is the size of a peanut! These are for last resort only.

But the A #1 BEST PUMPKIN SEEDS EVER are of course my own. Mmmm...the real reason to love fall. Not only do you get to dig your hand around in a gross pumpkin (which is AWESOME) you get to then eat the delicious fruits of your labor. Personally, I like to bake mine with a little butter, water and garlic salt. I might try branching out this year and making some in different flavors -- maybe even something spicy, who knows? But, if you really want amazing pumpkin seeds you are just gonna have to brown nose me around October 31st.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

garlic salt. mmmm! The makers of commercial pumpkin seeds need to take note.