Wednesday, March 28, 2007

SHOPPING!

March 28th - Wednesday

Today we had the morning free so Lydia, Stavros and I went shopping! First we went and had lunch at a small taverna off of Odos Imitou that was run by a man from Chicago who is now a Greek citizen. He asked us about the Super Bowl and the World Series and told us stories. It was really entertaining! After that we strolled along the block the taverna was on and I bought a bunch of great stuff! I got a cool blue velvet blazer, a few shirts and really nice sweatshirt. It is still cold here, and I didn't really pack well for the weather, so I had to buy some warmer stuff! After shopping we came home to read and nap before class.

Class today lasted until 6pm. We discussed Athens and Sparta, in relation to one another. Specifically there similarities and differences with regards to Individualism, Wealth, Women & Family, Ethos... Overall it was really interesting. After class I went to the grocery store to buy snacks and lunch for our trip to Marathon tomorrow. Then Lydia, Stavros and I cooked dinner in our apartment and hung out until now. Now, I am going to go to bed, because I have to get up so damn early tomorrow.

But first, here is our schedule for tomorrow:

Day Trip to Ramnous and Marathon

8am: Buses Leave
9:30am: Ramnous Archaeological Site
11:30am: Lecture at the Tomb of the Athenians
Noon: Lecture at the Marathon Museum
12:30pm: Lecture behind the Museum
1:30pm: Head to Schoinia for Picnic Lunch, free time and sun-bathing (although it is susposed to be overcast and gloomy so we'll see how that works out!)
4:30pm: Departure for Athens

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you say shopping in Greek?

Unknown said...

Ελληνικά

D. said...

Go shopping: "Πάω για ψώνια".

As simple as that ;)

Unknown said...

Kara:

Bridgit: "Ah, I see, yes, indeed"

Tim: "Mmmhmm, you have a good point (I'm shaking my head like I understand, but I don't, but it's okay because you're my best friend)"

Elly: "Where is all the sex? Boys? Drugs and alcohol?"

Jason: "..."

Life in Vero as usual, but missing you. Glad you're having fun girl, but don't have too much cause we want you to come home. Love Bridgit, posting as Tim.